Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Photos that were meant to go in the last post - technical hitch - the power went off again

The view from the plane coming into Kathmandu airport. Not sure what this mountain is called. They were not as spectacular as I expected. Suppose it is tough to beat flying into Christchurch.

Restaurant for the first night. Had a spicy nepalese dish that blew my tongue off. Mild is not an option.

Prayer wheels at the monkey temple. Christianity seems so easy compared to all the bits and pieces that go into Buddism.

The view from the monkey temple and yes I did walk up here and I was marginally fitter than my guide (he asked me to stop twice for breath and said I walk too fast!)

Another view from the monkey temple. I think to the west.

Dunbar Sqaure with its pesky pooping pidgeons. I got hit twice with poop! How can emaciated cows be sacred?

For the dentists out there. This is a place where you can offer a sacrifice to end your tooth ache! Sort of looks like a bad tooth

My guide Jack. I always said I like a man in a tie. On the plate at the front are mo-mos (aka dumpling). Not particularly exciting to eat! On his plate (which I had over to the left of picture) had rice, daal, vegetable curry and some leafy/spinich dish

No comments:

Post a Comment